My Rough Edit
I have produced a rough edit (show below) so I can record the voiceover next week and add it to the video. You may notice some of the files are labelled slightly corrupt, corrupt or very corrupt. This is due to me deleting the files off the SD card so I could return the borrowed equipment to college. I had imported the files to Avid prior to the deletion so I thought they would be saved on the computers hard drive possibly in the AppData directory but it turns out that avid only reads the files from the original location rather than creating temporary copy’s as I thought. I then went into cmd and ran a few lines of code and managed to retrieve most of the files in a corrupt file format. I then uncorrupted them. Some files are damaged though by temporary data overwriting parts of them. This means that I am left with some files that have missing chunks of pixels on certain frames which are generally filled in by default with a colour (usually green). This makes the amount of footage I can use limited. Some files were overwritten by temporary data entirely and I will have to re-shoot them on my phone’s camera (worse quality) as I don’t have the equipment available. All the video files that I managed to retrieve as well as a lot of them loosing pixels chunks they all suffered a quality downgrade. It was shot in 1080p but the footage now looks like it was shot in 720p or possibly 480p.
Rough Edit 1
Rough Edit 2
Extended Project Portfolio
We were asked to put work from throughout this term into a portfolio and document our progress as we went.